A popular trend I have seen floating around this spring/summer is lemons! And I absolutely adore it! It is a mixture of a bold print yet remains to be fresh and light.
You might remember last year the beautiful Dolce & Gabanna matching dresses worn by Kris Jenner and her granddaughter Penelope. I loved it then and I remember thinking how chic and classy it looked. My goal was to recreate the look without breaking the bank.
So, I hit the ground running doing research on the lemon prints. I found these at Amazon for an affordable price! They aren’t identical but they pair well together to make a beautiful Mommy & Me outfit! My skirt colors are slightly different than hers, but in pictures you can hardly notice.
I love when Mommy & Me outfits compliment each other, rather than being identical. I’m not sure at my age, I want to wear the exact same thing as my daughter, since she is still so young. With that being said, some Moms pull this off great, but usually I find their daughter to be older in age. I felt like pairing the skirt with a crop top would fit my body type better… since the skirt wore a little big on me. Plus, I love this trend and wanted to wear it one more time before we say goodbye to summer completely. It’s still in the high 80’s where I live, so I can get away with it.
Review of the Quality:
- Material: It is thick and feels like a higher quality item
- Fit: Runs Big (for me) I ordered a Small and it ran a little on the larger side for my waist. It does have adjustable buttons to tighten the waist, which worked for me. Note: I typically wear a size 0 and wear X-Small in bottoms.
- Length: I’m 5’4 and hit me just below the knee
- Quality: Above Average. I think for the thickness and how many different ways you can style this, you could really get wear out of it. I love that I can extend the wear from Spring-Early Fall.
- Material: It is extremely lightweight (great for those hot summer days)
- Fit: Runs Big. I originally ordered her a size up, but had to exchange for 6-12 months and she has some growing room, that I can put it on again in the Spring too, so I’m getting two seasons out of it.
- Length: True to Size. It also hit her below the knee, but she is on the shorter side for her age
- Quality: Average. The bow isn’t centered perfectly or as structured as the image shows. I had to trim some loose strings off when I received it. I think for the price you are getting a perfect complimenting item to the Mommy skirt.
Give it a try and tag us on your Instagram post to @thechiclittlesunshine. I would love to see your re-creations and the different ways you styled it. After all, fashion is getting inspiration from others and making them work for you!
Click the links below to try them out!
*thechiclittlesunshine.com owns the content and images of this blog. It may not be used or shared without permission from thechiclittlesunshine.com. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.